On the olive doublet:
-went to Jo-Ann’s, could not find a gutterman top stitching thread that had a better color match (both JoAnn’s had abysmal selection of even the colors that were supposed to be stocked),then went over to the DMC selections and decided that the closest I could get was DMC 500. I got several hanks of the pearl5, and the only to skeins of the 6 strand embroidery floss, also go with some various notions.
– did several examples of both buttons and buttonholes with the pearl and various number of strands and decided I liked the looks of the buttons and the buttonholes with TWO strand.
-made 6 of the 17 buttons I will need
-put the lining in the front half of the doublet without the buttonholes. Actually, I had not been paying attention so I put the strip of the silk dupani on both sides, so I had to take the strip out, and while doing that had a flash of “duh” on how to finish the lower points on both fronts. I was trying to fold over everything. I u sewed what I had seed, unfolded things, and then cut out some of the extra layers in the seam allowance, then folded over just the green wool. It worked much nicer.
-prepared the one front half for buttonholes, and put in the very first one! Used DMC 500, in two strands.
On the next Kirtle:,
-I tried on the black pinstriped on with about three inches pinched out of the front. It fit JUST fine. In between buttons and buttonholes, I will make the new pattern tomorrow, and maybe start cutting out the fabric.
Small note, I rememebred why I did not start blogging right away. Composing these posts on the iPad is quite irratating. Especially adding photos, which is really what I want to do with things. Argh. I guess I will have to upload the photos I want, then compose the post on a real computer. Any added steps just mean it is more likely it I’ll not do this.
Oh, and I will post today’s pictures on the post because I am frustrated trying to get the pictures where I want them to go.